Forum
Warning!
This story will contain mature content so unless you're 18 years old or more, reading is not advised ... I won't stop you from reading though x)
If you find this story too much for your taste, do not read it, because I will not tolerate insults.
I warned you and that's about all I could've done.

The story will be written in English, so forgive me all the grammatical mistakes as I am only an amateur at this point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again, human has become worse than an animal. Powered by greed and coldness of their hearts, people started destroying the sacred moral beliefs and soon they would return to their old primitive thinking, knowing no faith, hope or love, just a rank. A hierarchy was all that mattered.

Creation of niifurs, was humanity's downfall. Not because new animal-human hybrids would be particularly strong or dangerous to autochtonous homo sapiens but because humans saw them that way. Because of their irrational fear. No one wished to live under the rule of a hybrid. So they told themselves another lie: niifurs are nothing but animals. Less intelligent due to their animal instincts and they would lack discipline. Their fate was soon decided: Slavery.

Every human could pay for a niifur to be his slave. That meant owning him and treating him like a tool. Wether human would need to build a new house or would be filled with particular strong desires, it was niifur's job to take care of that. If a slave disobeyed, master had all the right to punish him, however he wanted. Pain, suffering and deaths of niifurs were morally acceptable and sometimes even applaused to. That is what the world became.

Two species were simply too much alike to work as allies. Not that niifurs were evet offered a choice. They would fight for their dying rights if only they had any fight in them left. Almost all of them, children and adults, male and female, were nothing but thin, weak bodies with broken spirits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The cover (my own work) has a symbolic meaning, which is going to reveal itself along the plot of the story.

Oh in, je dovoljeno komentirat v slovenščini
Samo želim se bolje naučiti obvladovati še angleščino, poleg slovenščine...
Hope you're with me ^^
29. avgust 2017
Ok, sem te tko misla vprasat, ce lahk v slo komentiram

No, men se teli niifuri (ok, ne vem ce je to v slo prov, ampak ok) prov smiljo. So suznji, podrejeni homo sapiensom...
Ampak, enkrat bi blo hudo, ce bi oni enkrat zamenal (ce bi mel kej moci za borit, da bi zmagal ljudi...). Da bi oni ljudi mel za suznje (ceorav globoko verjamem, da je vecina po dusi boljsih od ljudi), poj bi pa vidl kako je to.

Ampak, drgac je men tole reees zakon *__* pa full mi je dobr ker je v anglescin *_*

Plus naslovnica je top *_*

Upam, da nadaljujes tole, ce ne, me bos pustila na cedilu
Nujno nadaljevanjeee
29. avgust 2017
Next
Obetaven zaćetek in top naslovnica *-*
Drugače pa... kolikor sem razumela, gre za nek nov svet, kjer so ljudje kruti?
In so si zasužnjili to vrsto niifurs?
Zelo zanimivo...
29. avgust 2017
Aww, you people are so sweet
Already here to support me *0*

Robyn, draga... ljudje smo kruti.
29. avgust 2017
Ja, vem... napačno sem se izrazila. Morala bi reči, še bolj kruti.
29. avgust 2017
I get you ^^
29. avgust 2017
En velik Next! Nisem prepričana, kaj naj rečem, se pa že veselim nadaljevanja.
30. avgust 2017
Ren

The markets are usually lesser of the evils, I thought. You could have dragged yourself in a dark corner of a cell or cage and you had been left alone unbothered, most of the time. There of course came times when customers were interested in you and you had to show them that you are too much work so they gave up on you. Scaring them away was actually a rather fun thing to do. Just throw a few growls here and there and everyone will realise that's not what they want in a slave. Often my disobedience seemed like a nuisance to all the masters but sometimes it was the exact opposite. Some eccentrics of the elite liked collecting exotic material and big attitude slave like me, was just that. Some would try to break my spirits with an endless torture but somewhere along the way I had become immune to the pain. So there's that. I had always been a slave out of control and I proved that to everyone who bought me. Still, it was impossible to escape this crappy fate and believe me I tried, many times. A niifur simply couldn't hide and live peaceful life. That's why I swore to myself that I would return the favour to the humans. I can make their lives hell too.

A man walked to my cell, peeping through the bars. I ignored him, all of a sudden having a new interest in my nails. »Hey, you,« the man spoke, his voice sounding young but tired at the same time. I started examining the other hand, not responding.

»Get yourself here, you useless animal!« the man then roared. Whoops. No one calls me useless, I thought. The animal part, I could let slide. I did enjoy my feral side. I smiled to myself and launched at the man. I grabbed the iron bars of the cell tightly, baring my teeth with a vicious growl. A guy had to take a step back. The market owner Next to him chuckled. »Yeah, this one is special. He's cheap because usually no one wants him,« said the market owner. He was a man in his mid-forties, with dark skin and long even darker hair. Adrian Tyrone. I had to give it to him, he was handsome. For a human. I took a particular liking to him as he wasn't mean to any slaves. But he didn't see us as equal either. Just a tool of business, probably.

»You don't say,« the man said, moving to a Next cell. I looked at Adrian and our eyes met. »When's lunch?« I asked him as my moaning stomach reminded me I haven't had a meal in a while.

»Sorry, Ren, we have to save money. You'll have to wait a bit longer. That shouldn't be a problem for the likes of you, right?« I was pretty sure the last part was basically an insult for all the slaves. Because we ought to be used to starving. I wasn't.

»If that's the case, I'll bite your Next costumer's hand off. Trust me, I can, my death grip never fails me,« I said grinning and showing my white teeth that looked almost more wolf than human. Adrian seemed to believe me. He had enough experience with me that he saw what I was capable of. His face was filled with genuine expression of concern.

»Will you let people alone if I find you something to chew on?« I shrugged: »Probably.«

Adrian left the hall with cells, hopefully fetching some food. A neighbour to my cell groaned. »That ain't fair. We're starving too.«

I poked the iron bars with my nails and the sound echoed through the whole hall. »Hey, you gotta fight for it. Don't expect me do it for ya. Sure, humans never done anything good to me but neither did you, niifurs. All to scared to help yourselves or your comrades,« I told him and just as I finished, Adrian returned. He carried a small bar wrapped in dark purple plastic paper. He managed to get a protein bar somewhere. And I was grateful for that.

»So, can I give this to you without worrying you'll bite my fingers off too?« I grinned with my charming and smug smile. »No promises. I'm an animal after all.«

I could see a sorrow flash over Adrian's face. At this point, no one can fool themselves any longer. It was clear: I was no less intelligent than he was, we were on the same intellectual level. Yet, there were iron bars separating us. One was free and the other was not. You could look from all the angles and you'd get the same picture. This was stupid.
Adrian finally handed me the bar and I took it, leaving his hand without a scratch. So nice of me. Adrian was a lucky guy. He probably wasn't aware of it though.

I attacked the protein bar and I could literally feel all the hatred glooming towards my cell as I loudly munched on cookie flavoured bar. Other slaves were dying of envy. Not a nice thing, they should've been happy for me. As if. I'd feel exactly the same if I were them. But I wasn't. I was me and by being me I earned my meal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The first main character out of two. How do you like him so far? ^^
Thank you all for the support!
30. avgust 2017
Just noticed how the word "Next"...becomes well...
-.-
Didn't think about that.
30. avgust 2017
Zgleda da imam čast biti prva oseba, ki ti go podelila zaslužen Next.
Imam samo vprašanje.
Niifurji izhajajo iz japonske kulture, kajneda?
30. avgust 2017
Hvala Raven! ^^

Niifur je (moja) izmisljena beseda in preprosto sem si zamislila vrsto, ki bi se po necem razlikovala od ljudi, tako sem se pac odlocila za hibride med ljudmi in zivali.
Nakljucno ali pa tudi ne, se v japonski kulturi veliko pojavljajo ljudje z zivalskimi usesi in tudi repom predvsem v animejih in mangah kot kemonimini. Probably because they're kawaii
Ampak niifur ni nujno 'krizanec' med clovekom in nekim psom/volkom/mackom, vendar je lahko vec razlicnih zivalskih lastnosti na cloveskem telesu. Ampak fokus bo predvsem na Renu, ki ima kot tak, usesa in rep volka.
30. avgust 2017
I love the dark atmosphere!!
And Ren's attitude!!!
Next
30. avgust 2017
Aha, potem seem sigurno s them zamenjala
30. avgust 2017
Next!!! This is perfect, ful mi je všeč zgodba
31. avgust 2017
Uuu komi cakam na nadaljevanje!!
31. avgust 2017
Omg, omg, omg! Next!
01. september 2017
Omg to jw res zakon *_*
Next
02. september 2017
neeeext *_*
02. september 2017
Eewon

Loud beats echoed through my head and the music's fast rhythm calmed the unsettling feeling within me, enabling me to breathe freely. I turned on the volume to the point it almost hurt my ears. But at the times like this it seemed, the music was never loud enough.

I hunched over and pulled my chair closer to the computer. I hovered over the keyboard with my fingers until I decided to let them finally touch the keys. With a speed I was quite proud of, a long text formed on my computer screen.

Few minutes later, my back ached me and so did my eyes. I turned screen brightness to the lowest but it was still too much for a dark room with no lights on. I sighed and pushed myself away from the table. The chair slid all the way to the window, where I opened the curtains. The sun rays burst into my room, causing me to squint my eyes. How could people even walk outside without being blinded by such a blazing sun, I wondered.

A knock on the door woke me from my dreamy bewilderment. »Come in,« I said softly and an old man entered.

He was fairly tall and had straight silver hair, neatly combed back. His face was wrinkled and his blue eyes fairly small. On top of his forehead was a pair of insect-like antenna. I knew under his clothes he also had thin wings which were useless due to his otherwise human body build. His face was more or less expressionless but when he decided to make a small smile, that was an honest one. Although he wasn't being starved, he was skinny and his cheeks were always hollow. Maybe it was because of old age, that was my guess.

His name was Isaac and he was my sister's slave. Most of the time, he was rather her butler. She likes ordering him around, making him fetch her this and that. She often yelled on him but not because he would be terrible at his job. My sister Niiny was simply bossy and yelling on other was her thing. Even though we were related, I couldn't bring myself to like her. She was too different and because of her character which I despised, she was Mother's favourite. That was the reason I felt so alone all the time. The reason I became a wreck I was.

»You told me to be here at three o'clock, Sir,« Isaac said politely. I nodded. »Yes,« I said somehow hastily, moving closer to him. »I bought these shelves,« I continued, gesturing on the floor, where lied some coloured wooden planks: »And I'd like to have them here.« I pointed at the wall Next to the wardrobe. I soon figured my gestures where too exaggerated, as if I was signalising a plane how to land. I immediately started to feel extremely foolish and embarrassed, which coloured my cheeks with bright red.

Great, I though, I can't even talk to Isaac, family's slave, without my social anxiety. »Very well,« Isaac answered, getting on his knees to start working. I sighed. Now I had no more privacy in my room. I believed Isaac was hardly concerned with what I was doing and wouldn't tell anyone unless asked but it still made me uncomfortable to be with him alone. I sat on my bed, wondering if fixing up the shelves would be too loud for me to read a book.

That's when Niiny suddenly barged into my room. »Oh, here you are!« she exclaimed, not looking at me but at Isaac. For a moment she stared at her slave working, her blond eyebrows curving, then she looked at me. »What is he doing here?« she asked. Her voice was already loud but she wasn't even actually yelling.

»Don't you see? He'll put my shelves on,« I answered, trying to sound not intimidated by my three years younger sister. She frowned. »And you need my slave for that?!« Now, that was almost yelling and my ears already hurt.

»I can't take Mother's. I mean, I'd put those shelves on my own but Mother was against it. 'I won't let my son work like an animal and ruin his beautiful hands, that's why we have slaves for', or something like that,« I said and tried to sound at least half as annoying as my Mother would.

Niiny sighed. »That's it. Why don't you have your own slave? You'll get one right now!« I knew it. It had always came to this issue. Me having a slave. Unlike other people, such idea seemed revolting to me and had not even a small interest in owning a slave. It was immoral and well… I had no self-confidence and dominance in me. There was no way I could establish an authority between me and a slave. And treating niifurs like equal – as I'd like to – was simply frowned upon and as a member of rich family, with a lot of influence on society, I couldn't afford that. Being a shy and boring son was quite enough.

»But I have no money!« I argued to get myself out of it. I didn't even lie. I spent a lot of money on new computer and Mother wouldn't just give me the money whenever I pleased, unlike she did with Niiny.

»Oh, whatever. You can easily afford the cheapest one. Now get your ass to the market and finally do something the way Mother wants!« Seriously, Niiny was just like her Mother. And living with two demons in the same house was nothing but hell itself.

I was left with no choice. I grabbed my wallet with the little money I had left and went to dress myself. I put on a hat, pair of sunglasses but I was not in the mood for sunscreen. My skin was rather sensitive to sun and there was more than 25 degrees Celsius outside but I didn't really care. If skin cancer gets me, then maybe I deserved it.

The outside world was a new version of hell. I hated this one too. I was terrified of crowds and judging looks of strangers passing by. I hated having to talk to people I never met because it made my tongue twist and my words made no utter sense. Even the slightest mistake could embarrass me so much I felt a burning need to run away. Every time I walked down the streets I felt like a living disaster no one would ever like or acknowledge.

I avoided meeting other's people looks and I fastened my pace. Luckily, the slave market wasn't far away. I really hoped I had enough money or else I'd put myself in an awkward situation again.

I got to the market where a receptionist asked me what I wanted. »I'd like to buy a … slave.« The guy behind the counter looked at me as if we had already met. But then again, my Mother was here often and people did say we share a striking resemblance.

»Come with me then,« he said, leading me through a corridor by the end of which were big doors. Those led to the giant hall, full of cells. »Adrian will take it from here,« the man said and I noticed another person already walking towards me. He was dressed in a probably expensive tuxedo and he seemed quite charming although he wasn't that young any more.

»Welcome, I'm Adrian, the owner. What are you looking for young mister?« he asked. I shrugged then said: »Ugh… something… cheap?« I could feel my cheeks burn again.
»Ah,« Adrian said: »Is that so? Well then, the cheapest one is usually the one nobody wants, you do realise that, right?«

»What makes the cheapest one so terrible then?« I asked. Perhaps I could put up with a quirk or two. »Attitude,« Adrian said or more sighed, really. He read my puzzled look and added: »It's best if I show you.«

He led me to the cell at the end of the hall. In front of it was a small tablet. On it was the slave's name and price. Ren. 189,99 $. That was cheap.

I got closer to see what's inside the cell. It was dark and the figure at the end of it was only a silhouette.

»Ren?« I called. There was no answer.

(Baby face, lel...)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heya!
I'm afraid chapters in future won't be as long, but we will see how it works out! Thank you for your kind support!
03. september 2017
Eewon is such a cutie! :0
03. september 2017
Next
04. september 2017
Next!!
04. september 2017
Awww, such a little bean.
Can I ship this?
13. september 2017
če želiš poslati sporočilo v to temo, se prijavi ali včlani
Vpiši povezavo do slike